- wrap 1 garlic bulb in aluminum foil. Place it in an oven at 180 °C and pop it in about 45 minutes. The garlic becomes soft and gets a subtile, delicious garlic taste. You will only need a few cloves for this recipe.
- Weld 4 dried tomatoes in very hot water. Leave it for an hour or so.
- Chop about 1/4 of a large chilli very small.
- Heat about a teaspoon of fennel seads and crush them.
- Make some orange zest (use the zest of about 1/4th of an orange) and chop the zests very fine.
- Mix the dried and welded tomatoes, the chopped chilli, the orange zests and the fennel seeds in a food processor untill it becomes one substance. Add the flesh of 2 popped garlic cloves and put on the food processor once more.
- Add some extra virgine olive oil and orange juice according to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- add some grated parmezan cheese according to taste and mix the pesto again.
- If needed, ad some pepper.
I mixed the pesto with some tagliatelle pasta and served it with spring onions. Very nice on toast or a crostini too!