Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lunch: Eggs and greens oven dish

Last week I totally screwed up when preparing tortilla for 13 persons. I still feel ashamed. Especially because one of the 13 is a professional cook who said, when hearing I was going to make a tortilla for 13 hungry snowboarders: “Ambitious”. And I responded: “That’s how I like it”. How I was wrong. When you are tired from snowboarding in the Austrian Alpes, when the kitchen supplies are not what they are at home, when you want to impress a whole company of people, including a cook, don’t try to make tortilla without any quality pans, preferably with a proper non-stick coating. Just don’t. Take it easy on yourself.

To make things up with myself, I made a little eggs and greens oven dish for lunch today.

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • A small handful of peas. Because of the season, I used frozen peas. I like the sweet taste of the peas, if you don't you might want to add less.
  • 1 shallot, chopped and baked for a minute
  • 2 spring onions, chopped
  • A small bit of bell pepper, chopped
  • Some paprika, I brought some from Hungary. It’s the best ever.
  • Some oregano. I used freeze dried, since spring is still on its way here.
  • Salt, pepper
  • A little bit of grated cheese, preferably parmesan
Preheat the oven at 180 °C (356 °F). Take one of the lovely little oven dishes I bought at the thrift store last week, or something similar, and fill it up with all the vegetables. Add the two raw eggs. Top it off with some paprika, oregano, salt and pepper and the grated cheese. Place it in the oven for about 18 minutes (or until the eggs have solidified). Eat it with some bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment